Provides Password on Flash drive Without Using Software
Still on Security. Providing a password on the flash without using software. Flash drive? Who does not know the flash? Flash is now a staple era. Flash is used to store data and transfer data (copy paste). Well maybe some people have known the uses in the flash. Just the way that I teach is how to create a password in the flash. Here’s How:
- Open your Notepad program.
- Once open type or copy and paste the following script:
on error goto
0 dim s,quest,sd,m,winpath,fs
do while quest=""
quest=inputbox ("Enter PASSWORD, If you are wrong in entering the password, then this computer will ShutDown !!!","www.ASEP.us")
if quest="" then
m=MsgBox ("Sorry, you have not entered a password ... !", 0+0+48, "www.ASEP.us")
if quest="YOUR PASSWORD" then
s.run "shutdown -a"
sd.run winpath & "explorer.exe /e,/select, " & Wscript.ScriptFullname
s.run "shutdown -s -t 0″
- Replace paper [YOUR PASSWORD] be the password you want.
- When finished, save with the name [key.vbs]. Before save, change [Save as type] becoming [All Files].
- hereinafter step is to create the file [autorun.inf].
- Go back to your Notepad.
- Type or copy and paste the following script:
shellexecute = wscript.exe key.vbs
action = FLASHDISK HAS PASSWORD
- Please replace the text [FLASHDISK HAS PASSWORD] with your own words.
- Save with name [autorun.inf]. Before saving it again to change first [Save as type] to [All Files].
- Copy the file [key.vbs] and [autorun.inf] into your flash, put in the directory of the outermost (root) on your flash.
- If necessary, the files are hidden.
When you double-click your flash icon in [My Computer], then you will immediately be asked a password that you type in the script [key.vbs] above earlier.
- This method does not work if the flash is opened through the [right click]> – [Explore].
- If you enter an incorrect password, the computer will automatically shutdown.
Compatible with Windows XP, untested on other Windows, please try your own.